Provider: American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
September 11, 2020 - September 13, 2020 Hyatt Lodge Conference Center 2815 Jorie Boulevard, Oak Brook, IL, 60523
20 Credits $2800
As the final didactic step in the Mastery Program, Mastery Course III provides the participant with the proficiency to manage a broad spectrum of cases and severities of obstructive sleep apnea. A focus on titration goals, understanding maximum medical improvement, and side effect management furnishes practitioner confidence and promotes best patient care.
After completing all three courses, dentists will be eligible for the ABDSM certification examination.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
1. Explore alternative and emerging therapies for SDB.
2. Anticipate oral appliance efficacy for individual cases and consider combinations of therapies for best clinical outcomes.
3. Confidently manage OA side effects and patient expectations
4. Explain the etiology and prevalence of pediatric SDB, the differences with adult SDB and the efficacies of treatment options.
5. Incorporate pediatric screening and referral protocols.
6. Continue to build an understanding of the medical practice model with medical-legal considerations.
7. Perfect an appropriate algorithm for patient management that begins with screening and ends with long-term follow-up.
Successful completion of Mastery Courses I and II, including all pre-session assignments.
Read assigned articles
Read a SOAP note sample and take a treatment planning quiz
For each of the two Guided Patient Cases, do the following:
Submit final intra-oral photo of the appliance in place from the anterior perspective
Complete online surveys on delivery and follow up experiences
Details about the pre-session assignments will be emailed to attendees following Mastery Course II.
Long-Term Follow-Up and Facility Accreditation
Dental Side Effects
Adverse Event Management
Practice Management at MMI: Correspondence with Physicians, Objective Testing, Informing Patient and Documentation
Medical Legal Considerations
Side Effects: Case Presentation and Power of Informed Consent
Testing Options and Guidelines
Treating SDB with PAP Therapy
Critical Thinking and Clinical Application in Pediatrics
HIPAA and Cyber Security
Guided Patient Cases and Mock Exam